Have Your Sports Injury Treated By a Chiropractor
How a Chiropractor Can Help With Your Sports Injury
Whether you are a professional athlete, or a sports amateur passionate about golf, football, basketball, or tennis, sports injuries happen often. These accidents can occur due to many factors, including under or overtraining, poor training practices, or lack of proper warm-up. Luckily, a chiropractor can help!
Whether you suffer from a tennis elbow, ankle sprain, herniated disc, knee injury, or a dislocation — to name just a few — chiropractic care can help and is worth considering.
Chiropractic Treatment Goals Include:
- Relieving pain
- Reducing scarring and inflammation
- Improving mobility, blood flow, and range of motion
- Eliminating the need for drugs and/or surgery
- Improving your performance so that you can return to your favorite sport quicker
- Full rehabilitation without any pain or structural restrictions
- Keeping the body in optimum physical shape to prevent injuries
What Your Chiropractic Treatment For Sports Injuries Might Entail
By creating a specialized treatment plan for each one of our patients, we focus on helping you feel great again so that you can return to your favorite sport as soon as possible.
The right approach for your sports injury will be decided by your chiropractor after assessing certain factors, such as the severity of the injury and the body part affected.
By identifying any muscular, connective tissue, or joint problems, your chiropractor can understand whether these might have wider implications in your body.
A combination of light touch, physical manipulation, stretching, and massage will then be used to increase structural balance, improve joint mobility, and relieve muscle tension or soft tissue restrictions.
Chiropractic Techniques For Sports Injuries Include:
- Chiropractic adjustments that help increase the length and strength of muscles
- Physical therapy to relax tight muscles, decrease swelling, reduce tissue adhesions, or pain relief
- At-home exercise to enhance balance and coordination
- Stretching techniques to prevent the joints and muscle from becoming stiff
- Specialized advice on diet and exercise routines to help in your recovery
Chiropractic Care For Injury Prevention
Chiropractic is both preventative and reactive. Our aim is not only to aid your rehabilitation from injury but to also teach you how to prevent these in the first place.
When visiting our Los Gatos chiropractic office, your treatment for sports injuries will consist of pain management and rehabilitation. Plus, you will also get self-care advice. This may come in the form of exercise, learning how to adjust your activity to reduce over-stressing your injured part, as well as self-treatment and wellness strategies.
Regular visits to your chiropractor will help keep your body in optimum physical shape and prevent any sports injuries from occurring.